Sunday, November 6, 2011

Super Mario Quilt

My husband saw a quilt that was Mario themed and decided that he needed t have one. It's been on the back of my mind for a couple months now. I've been trying to complete some other craft projects before getting knee deep into this quilt. Not to mention I still have my double Irish chain quilt to put together. He would really like to have this quilt as a gift for Christmas, so I'm going to try my hardest to get it worked out.

I have never been good at calculating how much fabric I need of every color, and this quilt I knew would be difficult. I don't want to waste time and money at the fabric store picking things out without knowing how much I need. So, I did a Google search and - voila! - found what I was looking for.

This site was so helpful, I'm sharing it with all of you. Go here if you want to learn how to calculate how much fabric you'll need of each color for your next quilt. I like this because it tells you how to do triangles too! I'm just doing an easy pattern of 1" finished squares, so my math wasn't too complicated. I'll add on more once I drag my husband to the fabric store to approve of color choices picked out. Wish me luck in getting this completed by Christmas Day - only 48 days and some change to go! Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. How fun to see the whole pattern and 1 inch squares is a great idea! My Nyan Cat is made with 2 1/2 inch squares and as it was a impulse quilt I just worked with my stash fabrics and didn't worry about how much fabric to use. Can't wait to see it completed and quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome patter. Would you think of making it available?
    marilyn2222 @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! My 10 year old is a Mario fanatic and fell in love with the completed quilt! Are you selling the pattern? He wants this for his birthday in January, so I have to get hopping!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...